2S2 is a regular meet-up where expats, and anyone, can get together, build and strengthen connections, learn about Korea and integrate in Korean society. We hope that 2S2 will help expats in Korea participate more meaningfully in the country we share with Korean natives, and that we can have a better experience of Korea by doing so.

Monday, January 11, 2010

2S2 Seoul + Seoul Eats Meetup

In 2S2 Seoul, we had a great time on Saturday. Seoul Eats teamed up with 2S2 for a tag-team day. The Seoul Eats meetup started at noon, and they had dumpling soup: an appropriately new-years-y dish for the first Seoul Eats meetup of the new year. You can read about it here. They also had hotddeok, an amazing winter treat, which I swear I've written about before, but I can't find it back, so you'll have to watch Dan's video, linked above.

Funny thing about this 2S2: after planning it, my boss came to me and asked me to do level testing on Saturday morning, so I couldn't attend the first leg of my own event.

Fair enough: hence the links to Dan's write-up of the dumpling place; however, I WAS there for the book exchange. There are some pictures of that.

A few ajosshis came... just to round out the demographics...
DSCN8849

And the lovely and wildly hilarious Jolene came: she was at the Christmas party, too, and I hope she comes to more of these things. Also pictured is Yvonne, whose face actually looks like that: it's not just the camera. Her whole family has blurry faces. I saw pictures.
DSCN8853

By the end of the meet&greet&book esxchange, these ladies had just about mastered Gostop.
DSCN8856

and Josephine brought an epic book haul: look at all those! Everybody found something in the book exchange.
DSCN8838

We left the Twosome Place and headed out, ending up having tea at a sweet little tea room near the other end of Anguk Station.

Sanghwacha, I believe, is the name of this one.
DSCN8867

I like the raspberry tea
DSCN8871

2 comments:

  1. Ah I need to do my write up of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know if i understood right, but you are a group of expats in Seoul right?
    Im leaving here for the past 3 weeks, and i still don't know foreign people, maybe because of the area where i leave(sinseol-dong), i don't know.what could i do to meet expats in Seoul?
    thank you

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Followers